Green Tea Masks for Clear Skin Hair & Body
Green Tea Fine Face Mask
- For a mask, you need really fine powder so that it doesn’t fall off from your face after you apply it. So for that, you can just grind few fresh green tea leaves t a fine powder. Collect the powder ( you can even use a tea strainer to get even more fine powder out of it) into a bowl and add few drops of freshly made rose water into it and mix well. Apply to your face evenly and wait for at least 20 minutes so that the mask dries off completely.
Wash off the face with cold water and pat dry with a clean hanky . You can apply a mild moisturizer without any harsh chemicals your skin is too dry.
2. Green Tea Exfoliating Face Scrub
Green tea has an excellent skin exfoliating properties which can effectively remove the dead skin cells and even blackheads. Isn’t that amazing to use green tea as an face scrub from today?
- All you need is 1 used green tea bag, a teaspoon of organic honey and powdered brown sugar. The reason I am using powdered brown sugar in this scrub is, as the green tea leaves can do the scrubbing part and also they are no as harsh as sugar in its crystal form. So a sensitive skin beauty can use this scrub without any worries. 🙂
Mix all the ingredients well and apply on to your cleansed face. Gently scrub your face in upward direction. Wash off with cold water after 2 minutes.
This face scrub can be used once or twice a week.
3. Green tea dirt removing toner
DIY green tea toners are everywhere now. It has some of the amazing properties that can remove the dirt from your pores that your cleansers have failed to do. Using a good toner makes your face care regime complete and that’s why it a must have to everyone out there.
- Preparing a green tea toner is as simple as having a cup of tea. 😀 No, seriously..! I am kidding. Just infuse a hot tea bag in a cup of hot water for 5 minutes. Now, Let the water cool. Transfer the green tea into a spray bottle or an old toner bottle if you have one. After cleansing your face, spray this green tea toner all over your face, now using a cotton pad gently wipe off the water from your face to remove any left over makeup or dirt.
You can store this green tea toner for 2 days, provided you refrigerate it. Just in case, if you notice any wired smell..just throw it and prepare a fresh one.
4. Green Tea Infused almond oil for skin and hair
Green tea has some of the best anti-aging properties as its power packed with antioxidants nutrients. Now a days you might have observed many of the products stating “green tea extracts” in their product description or in their ingredients list. Though I am not sure about the effectiveness of their products but I can say you that a home made serum with green tea without any preservatives is far more better than any other store bought chemically loaded creams.
- Green tea infused Almond oil serves as an excellent anti aging serum. It so simple to make. Take some dry green tea leaves, about 2-3 tablespoons and infuse them in 30 ml of almond oil. You can use either a crockpot, or just pour the ingreients into a pan and simmer them at the least possible heat on your stove for 20 minutes. Extract the oil and store it in a air tight glass bottle. You can use this oil for both face and your hair.
5. Green tea & coconut oil moisturizer
This is actually connected with the above one. If you are not a serum person, then you can actually prepare your own night cream with the goodness of green tea. If coconut oil is solid at your room temperature at your place then you can proceed to use coconut oil otherwise you can opt for unrefined Shea butter for a more fluffy and silky cream.
All you need to do is,take 25 gms of shea butter and 15 gms of either avocado oil or coconut oil. Add them into a double boiler and heat them in a low flame until all the ingredients melt. Add a half a teaspoon of vitamin E oil and stir a few times while they are still hot. Now let the oils cool for abut 1-2 hrs and now you can whisk them well until it forms a nice fluffy cream. Store the cream in a air tight glass container and apply a wee amount to your face before going to your bed. I would recommend to do a patch test, to know if you are allergic to the ingredients used.
6. Green tea and lemon hair rinse to get rid of dandruff
This is an excellent scalp tonic to fight for dandruff and itchy scalp. I have actually written about this hair rinse in a whole article in detail. I would be happy if you can share your views on this Green tea and lemon hair rinse to get rid of flaky dandruff
Few thing to remember while using hair rinses,
- You can always rinse your hair with normal water after you do any rinse, though not necessary. If in case you are unhappy with the hair texture or smell, you can have a final rinse with normal water to remove any undesirable odors from your hair.
- Hair rinses are extremely beneficial if you allow them to sit on your hair for some time. So, don’t just throw on your hair an wash away. At least wait for 10 minutes and give a gentle scalp massage for 2 minutes before you rinse your hair with water again.
- It is always better to use the hair rinse after you wash your hair rather than before. That way it reduces the effort of your rinse to detox the cleansed scalp.
7. Green tea Aloe Hair mask
Green tea is power packed with antioxidants and Aloe Vera is an excellent moisturizer for dry hair. These two mix up to give you a great combination to treat any scalp infections and dryness especially in the winters where our scalp is more prone to dryness and itchiness.
- All you need to do is, blend Aloe Vera pulp from half or one full leaf depending upon your length of your hair. Prepare a cup of freshly brewed green tea. Let it cool and add it to the the aloe Vera gel.Apply all over the hair massaging gently on the pressure points. Wrap up your hair in a bun and cover it with shower cap. After 30 minutes, wash your hair with mild shampoo and condition if required.
8. Ylang Ylang Green tea bath salts
A refreshing and calming bath with you favorite bath salts in a tub, what an tempting thought? 🙂 I love bath salts, it creates that perfect spa kinda feel and is so relaxing. You can make your own bath salts, if you are ready with few of these ingredients at your home.
- Take a cup of epsom salts and add 2-3 tablespoons of dried green tea leaves into it. Now add few drops of Ylang Ylang essential oil/lavender essential oil or whatever essential oil you have that can give that aromatic spa experience to you.
- Mix them well until there are no lumps and store them in a glass jar. Now add one or two tablespoons of these bath salts in your bath tub filled with warm water.
- Enjoy your soothing and calming bath.
9. Green tea and cucumber body spray
After a tirery summer afternoon, your inner body craves for a cold fruit juice and your skin asks for a refreshing body spray. What more fun than creating your own body spray ? 😉 So lets get started.
- Take half of the cucumber. cut into pieces and add them into a blender. Its OK if you are lazy to peel off the skin from the cucumber. 😀 Now add few tablespoons of cooled green tea into it and blend them well. Collect the pulp into a bowl and extract the juice using a strainer. pour the water into a spray bottle and refrigerate it. You can spray this all over you body to get that instant fresh feeling to your senses. 😛
10. Green Tea under eye bags
Dark circles or puffy eyes, green tea bags can save your day.
- All you need to do is put two used green tea bags into your freezer for about 30 minutes and take them out and put under your eyes. After 5 minutes you can take them off and wash your eyes with cold water. This will also help you to relieve stress
Opting from different kinds of green tea that are available in the market today from different brands is quite difficult. But wait, if you want pure organic green tea that is free of pesticides or artificial flavours, choose only Organic certified Green as this one.
Look for Organic Certifications on the packaging such as USDA organic or India Organic. You can find them here organic green tea
For more Such Awesome Tips on Natural Skin care and hair care, Join Our “SmartGirls” Community for free Today..!