Honey is naturally antibacterial and rich in antioxidants. It cleanses the pores effectively, fights with problem causing bacteria on skin and keeps it fresh, hydrated, nourished and glowing.It is ideal for all skin types. It slows down the aging process of your skin and is a great treatment for acne prone skin. Honey is used as a quick fix to acne and is one of the safe and natural way to treat any skin irritation. Today, let’s see how to use Honey as an overnight ACNE Treatment in two three different ways.
Benefits of Honey for acne
For centuries people have been using Honey as a medical treatment to treat many skin problems, dandruff, burns and fungal infections. Honey contains proteins, amino acids, minerals and enzymes that can kill the bacteria which contributes to the inflated pores. Some of the benefits which honey gives to the skin are,
- Honey creates an acidic environment where in which the bacteria cannot grow and thus less breakouts.
- Honey contains many anti bacterial and anti microbial properties from a compound called Propolis that bees use to seal their hive.
- A high concentration of sugar, which puts pressure on bacterial cells, making them less likely to multiply.
While using Honey it is very important to consider using only raw organic honey to avoid any synthetic colors or preservatives that may contain
I use honey and spice’s Raw Honey for my skin
How to use Raw Honey as an Overnight ACNE Treatment
You can use Raw honey directly on your acne. Take a teaspoon of Honey on small plate and dip a Q-tip into the honey to get the required amount. Now apply it on to your pimple and leave it overnight.
If you are a person who tosses on your bed multiple times during your sleep, it is better to drape a cloth over your pillow to avoid any honey stains.
You an mix Honey with other herbs like turmeric or cinnamon. Here’s how you can do the same.
Cinnamon and Honey Acne Spot treatment
Another important spice cinnamon has some of the best anti bacterial and antiviral properties. When mixed with other ingredients and applied on skin it heals many skin problems. It fades away stubborn dark spots and acne scaring. It is also used popularly as an overnight pimple vanishing remedy too.
- Organic honey
- Organic Cinnamon powder
- Take a 1/4 teaspoon of organic Honey into a small bowl. Add half a pinch of organic cinnamon powder to it and mix them well to form a thick paste. Apply all over the pimple and leave it overnight.
CAUTION: This mask may give a little burning sensation to you skin. It is advised to do a patch test to check if you are bearable to that.
Turmeric and Honey Acne Spot treatment
Turmeric is a wonder spice. It has numerous skin and health benefits. As it has antibacterial, anti-fungal and antiseptic properties it fights with the acne causing bacteria and heals the skin. It is also useful to control the oil secretion by sebaceous glands making it idea ingredient for oily skin too.
- Organic Honey
- Organic Turmeric powder
- Take a 1/4 teaspoon of organic Honey into a small bowl. Add half a pinch of organic Turmeric powder to it and mix them well to form a thick paste. Apply all over the pimple and leave it overnight.
CAUTION: As turmeric may stain your skin yellow, it is advisable to use this mask in the night before going to bed. It is also better to keep a separate wash cloth for swiping your face after you use this mask, as the turmeric may also stain the cloth.