Aloe Vera Gel is one Such Versatile beauty product that can be used in many different ways for your face, body and Hair. Today, I will show you 7 different ways on How to use Aloe Vera gel for face that are very easy to do at your home.
Benefits of Aloe Vera Gel for face
- Aloe Vera is anti inflammatory and thus reduces inflammation and swelling on the face.
- Its Anti bacterial properties protects the skin from problem causing Bactria and acne.
- Fades dark spots and reduces blemishes caused by pimples or acne.
- As Aloe Vera has some of the best moisturizing properties, it helps the skin from dryness and keeps it soft and supple
- Additionally, in Ayurvedic medicine, Aloe is used to effectively heal chronic skin problems, such as psoriasis, acne and eczema
Which Aloe Vera Gel is Best – Natural or a Product ?
Obviously, the Natural one that is extracted from the plant. But due to the availability and time constraints, there are readily available Aloe Vera gels which can also be used for face. Choose the best ones which are organic and cruelty free. Some of the best organic and pure Aloe Vera are from the bands Khadi and Rustic Art which I have used till now.
You can buy them from amazon or Nykaa online Store.
How to use Aloe Vera Gel for Face
1. Aloe Vera Face Wash
Aloe Vera is super moisturizing and nourishing to every skin type. Loaded with many antioxidants and anti bacterial proprieties, it cleanses the skin thoroughly to get rid of problem causing bacteria from the skin.
How to make your own Aloe Vera Face wash at home
This can be done in two ways. One, for those who doesn’t use any makeup or too many products on their face and two, for those who doesn’t apply anything on their face on a daily basis.
For those who don’t use any products on their face, This is How easy you can make an Aloe Vera Face Wash at home.
Take 2 Tablespoons of Aloe Vera gel in a clean bowl and add 3 tablespoons of Rose water into it. Mix them both and store it in a reusable bottle. Shake it well till both the products mixes well.
And that’s how simple it is to make an Aloe Vera Face wash at home using just two ingredients. Now, to use this as a face wash, first wash your face thoroughly with just water (See My Just water cleansing method to get rid of Oily skin) and then take a generous amount of the product into your palm and massage your face with it in circular motions as if you are washing your face with just like any other face wash.
Though this product doesn’t foam, it is 10 times more beneficial and safe for your skin. It cleanses your skin well and moisturizes it from within.
Keep this bottle in the refrigerator. You can Use this for up to 2-3 days.
And for those who use Makeup on their face, it better to remove your Makeup first using a Makeup Remover (See below to make your own Makeup remover using Aloe Vera) and then follow the same procedure to wash your face with an Home made Aloe Vera wash.
2. Aloe Vera Make up Remover
Removing makeup using Aloe Vera is one of the safest way to take care of your skin. Many Makeup removes in the market contains harmful chemicals like Ethanolamine compounds, Parabens, Aluminum powder and Retinyl acetate or retinyl palmitate.
These Makeup removers not only harm your skin in the long run but also makes it sensitive to skin and this develops age spots very quickly which are almost impossible to get rid of later.
Using simple techniques, you can easily remove your makeup effectively at home.
How to make a Makeup remover using Aloe Vera gel at home
This Home made Makeup remover can be made using just two ingredients.
- Aloe Vera gel
- Virgin Coconut oil
Step 1: Take 3 spoon full of Aloe Vera gel and put it into a clean bowl
Step 2: Take 2 Spoon full of Coconut oil put it into the same bowl in which you have already put the Aloe Vera gel.
Step 3: Mix them well. That’s it, your are done. Your own Makeup remover with all natural ingredients
Take the product on to a cotton pad and gently massage all over face and remove the makeup up.
3. Aloe Vera Moisturizer
The easy and the best way to use Aloe Vera is as a moisturizer. It is suitable for all skin types.
Remove all that makeup and wash your face twice with cold water. Pat dry, Take a small amount of Aloe Vera gel and apply it all over your face and gently massage till the gel spreads and your skin drinks all that gel :p . Can also be applied under your eyes to reduce that puffiness and lighten dark circles if any.
You can also use this as night moisturizer to get soft and supple skin in the morning after you makeup.
TIP: Use few drops of essential oil while applying Aloe Vera gel. This will enhance the properties and also make your face clean and shine.
4. Aloe Vera Face Pack – Reduce pore size
Aloe Vera gel can also be used in face masks or face packs. It avoids dryness and makes it soft and supple.
- Aloe Vera gel
- Activated Charcoal powder
- French Green clay
Mix the ingredients in appropriate proportions and apply the face mask all over your face evenly. Wash off after 20 minutes.
5. Aloe Vera Scrub – Reduce Stretch marks and Cellulite
- Aloe Vera gel
- Almond oil/ Badam oil
- Take appropriate amounts of the ingredients. There are no hard rules to follow for measurements. Use coffee as your main base ingredient and mix others in the quantity you wish for or to keep it simple you just need to make a scrub kind of consistency out of these ingredients and choose the quantity according to the area of the skin that you are going to apply.
- After you cleanse your body thoroughly, Apply this scrub over the affected area and scrub in circular motions. You need to apply a little more pressure with your knuckles while scrubbing the area as it will let the coffee penetrate into the skin and heal.
- After 2-3 min of scrubbing, wrap the area with a plastic wrap( or saran wrap ) and leave it for 10-15 minutes and then wash it off with normal water.
- Moisture your skin with Shea butter lotions
6. Aloe Vera Toner
Aloe Vera has natural anti bacterial anti inflammatory properties that controls the excess sebum production in your skin. It also helps to tighten the pores and makes the skin soft and supple.
To avoid dryness, using Aloe Vera Toner after every wash benefits your skin to maintain natural oils and avoid problem causing bacteria which may lead to acne breakouts. This toner is especially beneficial for dry skin beauties.
How to make Aloe Vera Toner
- Fill a small cup with fresh Aloe Vera juice and the rest with water. Mix it well.
- Store the liquid in a fresh reusable bottle and keep in the refrigerator. Use it within 5 days
- When using this toner, take a cotton pad and put few drops of this mixture on to it. Swipe all your face in upward direction after you cleanse your face thoroughly.
- Follow one or twice daily.
7. Aloe Vera Brow Gel
Aloe Vera contains something called proteolytic enzymes which repairs dead skin cells on the skin tissue. It also acts as a great exfoliates and hence removes dirt and dead skin cells from the eyebrows.
We often neglect cleaning our eyebrows properly. Applying eye makeup and eyebrow fillers will makeup your eyebrows weak and causes them to fall out more often.
Fresh Aloe Vera gel helps to clean and mildly exfoliate the eyebrows to remove dead skin and product buildup. You can either use fresh Aloe Vera gel from the leaf or any Organic certified Pure Aloe Vera gel to apply on your brows after removing the makeup. Repeat this once in a week to keep your eyebrows clean and healthy.
For more Such Awesome Tips on Natural Skin care and hair care, Join Our “SmartGirls” Community for free Today..!