How to make pure and original rose water with Indian roses
Recently when i was Applying my Sandalwood face pack, I realized that I ran out of my Rose water. And sadly I cannot find the Rose water brand that i use anywhere here. FYI, I use this Organic Rose water ” BON Organic & Natural Rose Gulkand” 🙂 I have to order it online, and it obviously takes time. So I Decided why Cant I make one. And here it is, The purest form of rose water with all the goodness of Indian roses.
Before we start, let me enlighten you with a little knowledge that I have. While choosing the roses, make sure they are organic and not brought from your local florist. These should be natural Indian Roses and not British roses that gives only color and not the benefits out of it.
So lets start with the Procedure. This is as simple to make that you just need to know how to boil the water. LOL . 😀
The pictures are taken under natural sunlight and no effect or Photoshop is done except adding text. It is for showing you the natural color of the rose water.
How to make rose water with Indian roses
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Fresh Organic Indian Roses
- Hot water
- A spray bottle to store the end product
- Collect the rose petals of fresh roses and wash them properly in running water to remove any dirt. Place them in a bowl
- Bowl a cup of mineral water/ distilled water if you have
- Take the hot water and pour it into the bowl in which you have put rose petals previously
- stir them properly. Wait until the hot water cools down.
- Extract the rose water using a strainer and store the rose water in a spray bottle.
Here is a little GIF 🙂 🙂
Extra tip: You can also add a capsule of Vitamin E to the rose water, if you want to store it for more than a month.
The color of the rose water as shown here will be light pink and not red as most observed. If you do it with British roses it gives you that loud color. But it is not as beneficial as this .
So this is how simple to make your own rose water at your home.
What to do with the left over rose petals?
Ohh Do not throw them dear. You can use them to make a simple lip scrub. Just add brown sugar and 5 drops of sweet almond oil.
Gently scrub your lips to remove all that dead skin.And ta-da, plumper lips with a natural color.
Comment below if you have any clarifications or suggestion to make.