February 7, 2017
Homemade Hair oil #2
Hello beauties..!! This is the second post of our Home made hair oil series. you can also see that here.Click the link below.
for shiny and black hair. It is helpful in delaying premature graying of hair. You can apply this twice weekly for visible results.
It is needless to say how beneficial is Aloe Vera for both Skin and hair.It has its own added benefits when consumed internally too. I know it may be difficult for some of you to get those fresh Aloe Vera leaves straight from the plant. But trust me, just make a little effort to get those leaves for this time from your nearest local store or just buy a plant and put it into your balcony. This is the right time.
Actually it’s funny to say you guys, but I Bought mine from my neighbor. I pleaded her to just give me two leaves from the Aloe Vera Plant. And No guys, I’m not being Frugal or economical her, I’m just lazy AF to go out and get the Plant/ Leaves LOL 😛 . But next time I’ll get the plant for sure, I’m not gonna beg my neighbor. :/
So let’s quickly get into the process.
This is an age old hair growth recipe from our grandmothers. It is suitable for all hair types, but sensitive skin beauties please do a patch test before you proceed.
The ingredients you gonna need
- Aloe Vera leaves.
- Coconut oil or any carrier oil of your choice like mustard seed oil, castor oil, olive or almond oil.
Here goes the process
- Take fresh Aloe Vera Leaves wash them under running water to remove any dirt.
- Slice out the corners to remove the thorns. With a sharp knife, from top slice out the leaf in to two as shown
- .Now take a bowl volume of 250ml and extract the gel out of the leaf with a spoon and put it into a bowl. Fill the bowl with the gel.
- Take another bowl of same volume and fill it with 100% pure coconut oil.
- Now pour the oil into a sauce pan and place it on a cooktop/stove . Put the stove on a low flame.
- Let it simmer and occasionally keep on stirring the mixture well.
- At some point of time, you can hardly see any gel left and the oil turns into brown.You can now off the stove/cook-top and extract you oil into glass jar.
You can also add 3-4 capsules of Vitamin E oil as it acts as a natural preservative. This is completely option, though you can store and use this oil till one month.
Miraculous benefits of Aloe Vera hair oil
I’ll Call this not as a hair oil but a powerful hair tonic. Aloe Vera contains many nutritious values and various vitamins like C, A, B1, B2 etc.
- Reduces hair fall
- Increases hair growth
- perfect cure for dry and itchy scalp
- Makes hair thick and helps to regrow hair
- Hair feels so smooth, soft and silky after every wash after doing a hot oil massage with this oil
Herbal or natural remedies take time to show results and it may also vary on person to person on how fast it works. But unlike your store bought hair oils filled with chemicals are so harmful if used in the long run. Just take your time and have patience to seen noticeable results.
I suggest to use this hair oil twice weekly and do a nice hot oil massage and just relax. Leave it on for 5-6 hrs or overnight and wash off with a herbal shampoo and condition as usual.
Do let me know if you have any doubts and also which hair oil recipes you wanna see more on Smartgirls?
Do comment them below… 🙂 🙂
To all the ones who have doubts on how, when and at till what time the oil should be boiled, It depends upon the amount of Aloe Vera gel you are using and also the amount of oil. Here is a picture showing how the gel becomes dry when all the water content in it is evaporated. At this point you can off the stove and stain the oil into a glass jar after the oil cools down at room temperature.
How to make pure and original rose water with Indian roses
Recently when i was Applying my Sandalwood face pack, I realized that I ran out of my Rose water. And sadly I cannot find the Rose water brand that i use anywhere here. FYI, I use this Organic Rose water ” BON Organic & ...
30 seconds to DIY Makeup remover with just 2 patanjali products
I am just a huge fan of patanjali products. Anything patanjali, I ‘ll instantly grab it. Whether it is necessary at the moment or not, I’ll just pick them up. :p Especially beauty products, these are so effective and a ...
Home made hair oil for shiny BLACK HAIR & get THICKER HAIR naturally
Home made hair oil #1 Recently, when i visited a Health and glow store i just picked up some hair oil of a random brand. I was literally shocked to see how many harmful ingredients were included in it. Mineral oil, Phenyl Trimethi ...