March 13, 2017
Hey all..!! I have come up with some of the easiest face masks that you can do at your home with honey. And the fun part is these are so tasty and healthy that you can eat them too. 😀 These are some of the best DIY honey masks for glowing skin that you can try at your home. Cheap yet effective ways.
Honey benefits for skin
Honey is naturally antibacterial and rich in antioxidants. It cleanses the pores effectively, fights with problem causing bacteria on skin and keeps it fresh, hydrated, nourished and glowing.It is ideal for all skin types. It slows down the aging process of your skin and is a great treatment for acne prone skin. For beset results, Use pure organic raw honey.
People with sensitive skin are advised to do a patch test to see you aren’t sensitive to any ingredient used here.
Honey Masks for Glowing Skin
1. Honey, Lemon and Rose water face mask
Best for: All Skin types.
This is a simple yet the most effective face mask that you can do with honey. Our main ingredient honey, when mixed with lemon and rose water has some of the amazing benefits on the skin that you never knew. It is helpful in fading away
Lemon which is rich in vitamin C, acts as a natural bleaching agent and lightens the skin naturally. Rose water keeps your skin fresh and hydrated.
- Organic Honey
- Home made Rose water
- Take a tablespoon of Honey into a bowl. Add few drops of lemon juice and few drops of rose water into it. Mix them well. You can add the water contents (lemon & rose water) according to the texture you want the face mask to be for easy application purposes. Apply all over your face and cleanse with normal water after 20 minutes.
So in this way you can create one of the easiest and most effective Honey masks for glowing skin by yourself.
2. Turmeric and Honey face mask
Best for: For acne prone skin.
Turmeric is a wonder spice. It has numerous skin and health benefits. As it has antibacterial, anti-fungal and antiseptic properties it fights with the acne causing bacteria and heals the skin. It is also useful to control the oil secretion by sebaceous glands making it idea ingredient for oily skin too.
- Organic Honey
- Organic Turmeric powder
- Take a table spoon of Honey in a bowl. Add half a teaspoon of organic Turmeric to it. Mix them well. You can also add few drops of rose water to this mixture for a better consistency of the face mask. Apply all over the face and wash off with normal water after 20 minutes
CAUTION: As turmeric may stain your skin yellow, it is advisable to use this mask in the night before going to bed. It is also better to keep a separate wash cloth for swiping your face after you use this mask, as the turmeric may also stain the cloth.
3. Cinnamon and Honey face mask
Best for: Acne prone skin, dark spots and acne scars.
Another important spice cinnamon has some of the best anti bacterial and antiviral properties. When mixed with other ingredients and applied on skin it heals many skin problems. It fades away stubborn dark spots and acne scaring. It is also used popularly as an overnight pimple vanishing remedy too.
- Organic honey
- Organic Cinnamon powder
- Take a tablespoon of organic Honey into a bowl. Add half a teaspoon of organic cinnamon powder to it and mix them well. Add few drops of rose water if needed for a better texture of the mask. Apply all over the face and wash off after 10 minutes.
CAUTION: This mask may give a little burning sensation to you skin. It is advised to do a patch test to check if you are bearable to that.
4. Honey and milk face mask
Best for : Dry Skin
Milk is a natural moisturizer and so used in many beauty products, lotions and even shampoos. It hydrates the skin, keeps it nourished and moisturized the whole day making it an ideal ingredient for dry skin.
- Organic Honey
- Fresh Milk
- Mix equal amounts of organic honey and fresh milk in a bowl and mix them well. Apply all over your face and let it dry. Wash off with warm water after 20 minutes.
So these are the few face masks that you can do with honey. So simple, Effective and natural. An inexpensive way to lighten your skin and to heal your skin naturally.
Did you like these Honey masks? Which is your favorite honey mask that you are using but is not there here, do let me and others know it so that is beneficial for all of us. SHARE NOW with your friends who are DIY home remedies junkies. 🙂 Show them some love.
And do not forget to choose only organic products while doing these honey masks, this way you can get maximum benefits out of it as they are 100% pure without any chemicals. Here are the organic products that I use for these honey masks.
While buying organic products, the most impotant to look for is certifications. Like here for example we have..
- USDA Organic
- India organic
Get it here
Organic Turmeric Powder
Get it here
Organic Cinnamon Powder
Get it here
12 Best Patanjali Mustard oil “Sarson Ka Tel” Beauty Uses for skin,hair & lips
Mustard oil also called as ‘Sarson Ka Tel’ is the most common oil found in almost every Indian Kitchen. Apart from being a fabulous oil for cooking, it can give you numerous benefits for your skin, hair and lips too. S ...
3 Tried and tested DIY Scrubs to fade away Stretch marks and Cellulite
Hello smarties..!! Today I’m gonna share 3 tried and tested DIY scrub recipes to fade away stretch marks and cellulite. Also know how to avoid them at the first place. Cellulite and stretch marks are a problem to every ...