Acne is more than just a skin issue now a days. It can be painful, irritating and uncomfortable to the person. Though tropical treatment may work for some, those doesn’t yield permanent results. The moment you stop using those creams, face washes or gels, your acne is back again. Unlike these commercial chemical treatments, natural treatments are safe and yield permanent results without any harmful reactions. Honey and cinnamon for acne and acne scars are one of the most acclaimed spot treatments trending now.
See how this mask can benefit to you.
Benefits of Cinnamon for Acne
Cinnamon is one of the effective spice that is used in the treatment of acne. It is available both as a powdered herb and as cinnamon oil. For an overnight acne spot treatment, cinnamon oil is the best. Get to know some of the benefits of cinnamon for acne
- Anti bacterial properties of cinnamon is what makes it the acne fighter. It kills away the acne causing bacteria on your skin and prevents the skin from future breakouts.
- Cinnamon also reduces skin inflammation and reddens in the skin.
- The antioxidant property of cinnamon also protects the skin from environmental toxins and other harmful substances produced as byproducts of bacterial metabolism or trapped in the skin pores by the accumulation of dirt
Benefits of Honey for acne
For centuries people have been using Honey as a medical treatment to treat many skin problems, dandruff, burns and fungal infections. Honey contains proteins, amino acids, minerals and enzymes that can kill the bacteria which contributes to the inflated pores. Some of the benefits which honey gives to the skin are,
- Honey creates an acidic environment where in which the bacteria cannot grow and thus less breakouts.
- Honey contains many anti bacterial and anti microbial properties from a compound called Propolis that bees use to seal their hive.
- A high concentration of sugar, which puts pressure on bacterial cells, making them less likely to multiply.
While using Honey it is very important to consider using only raw organic honey to avoid any synthetic colors or preservatives that may contain.
This mask is Best for: Acne prone skin, dark spots and acne scars.
This important spice cinnamon has some of the best anti bacterial and antiviral properties. When mixed with Honey and applied on skin it heals many skin problems. It fades away stubborn dark spots and acne scaring. It is also used popularly as an overnight pimple vanishing remedy too. Read on to know how to prepare a Honey and cinnamon for acne mask.
- Organic honey
- Organic Cinnamon powder
HONEY and CINNAMON for Acne – Mask
- Take a tablespoon of organic Honey into a bowl.
- Add half a teaspoon of organic cinnamon powder to it and mix them well.
- Add few drops of rose water if needed for a better texture of the mask.
- Apply all over the face or as an spot treatment on dark spots or pimples and wash off after 10 minutes.
CAUTION: This mask may give a little burning sensation to you skin. It is advised to do a patch test to check if you are bearable to that.
For more Such Awesome Tips on Natural Skin care and hair care, Join Our “SmartGirls” Community for free Today..!