How to get rid of flaky dandruff with this simple Hair Rinse | Green tea & Lemon
Hey Smarties..!! I am back with an easy yet effective DIY again. I love writing DIYs posts, because they are easy to make at our home and are completely chemicals and preservatives free. *yay* *yay*
Today I came up with a simple hair rinse that you can do it by yourself at home.This hair rinse will help you get rid of that flaky dandruff and will give you relief from itchy scalp with just one time rinse.
So lets quickly get into the remedy first and then I’ll brief you guys about the benefits of this rinse and how many times you can use this for better and effective results.
Green tea and Lemon Hair Rinse Recipe
Get Ready with
- A boiling pot
- A jug of water-Quantity can be varied according to your length of your hair.
- Stove or cook-top
- 2 Green tea bags
- One lemon
Let get started…
- Pour a jug of water into the boiling pot
- Put it on a cook-top or stove and let the water boil for few minutes.
- After the water is boiled enough,off the stove( water need not be boiled until you see bubbles). Now add two green tea bags to it.
- Brew it for 2-3 min.
- Remove the tea bags and add 1 Full lemon juice to it. Mix well.
- Let it cool. After you finish shampooing and conditioning your hair, dump this water onto your head and to the entire length of your hair.
- Give a nice 5 minute massage to your head. You can even allow the mixture to sit on your hair for 5-10 minutes if you have time and then wash off with normal water (Not hot/warm water).
And Yeah..! You are out with gorgeous, clean and shiny hair. You can also pour this in a spray bottle and stray all over your hair and leave it for 30 minutes before taking bath. Shampoo and condition thereafter.
This can be repeated 2 times a week to cure these following scalp conditions.
A Lazy girl Hack- An alternate way to do 😉
OK wait. If you are as lazy as me, or some times running out of time? You can still use this remedy is the easiest way possible. So here it is..
*Take your green tea bags and a lemon( cut it into two halves) into your bathroom*
While you are taking shower, just fill your mug with hot water and put those green tea bags into it. Let the tea brew. In the mean time shampoo and condition your hair. Now that your tea has brewed and cooled down, you can just squeeze the lemon into it and Mix well. Now You can use this as a hair rinse. Isn’t that simple? 😉
And wait..!! Don’t throw your GREEN tea bags that you have just used for making this rinse.
3 BONUS TIPS 🙂
You can use them in the following three ways
- AS A TONER – Just rub these green tea bags all over your face after you have cleansed your face. This acts as a natural toner, as it removes all the left over dirt and impurities on your face that your cleanser has failed to do.
- AS A SCRUB– Collect the green tea from the bags and put it in a bowl. Add a teaspoon of honey to it. Mix well. After cleansing and toning, scrub you face gently with this mixture. Wait for 5 minutes and wash off with cold water. You’ll see an instant Brightening effect to your face.
- FOR DARK CIRCLES & PUFFY EYES– Close your eyes and put these bags over your eyes. Wait for 5 min and wash off with cold water. This will not only cool your tired eyes but also reduce the puffiness under the eyes and helps to reduce dark circles.
How this Hair rinse works?
Green Tea which is power packed with anti-oxidants help to exfoliate the scalp to get rid of stubborn flaky dandruff. A strong brewed green tea alone can also give you the same results in wiping out the dandruff within one wash. As green tea has antiseptic properties it also helps in treating the itchy scalp conditions and is a big savior for dry scalp people. It brings back the lost natural oils to your hair and makes it more shiny and healthy.
Lemon‘s acidity helps balance your pH of your scalp and keeps dandruff at bay. This simple ingredient helps you treat flaky dandruff in the most effective and inexpensive way. Always remember to use lemon in a diluted form, especially those who have sensitive scalp. Lemon helps to remove all the dirt and grim that was accumulated on your scalp due to pollution which is the main reason of itchy and unhealthy scalp. It is a great remedy to follow for those who have oily scalp as lemon’s acidic property helps to balance the natural oil secretion of your scalp without actually drying it.
So next time if your using this hair rinse and somebody question you about how this work or why are you using this ? Just give them this free Gnaan (Knowledge) 😀
And don’t forget to comment below if you have already tried any hair rinse and tell me which one is your favorite. So that I can give it a try the next time.