Probably one of the most under rated ingredient in the natural beauty routines is the Mint. This herb, is almost available in all of our kitchens readily as we use it in most of our dishes. But little you know about this wonder herb. Mint leaves contains natural forms of Salicyclic acid in it, which you find them in many products for acne and oily skin. It controls acne and excess sebum production on your face. The menthol present in mint leaves is so refreshing and cool to the skin especially after a sun burn. So, do you still want to miss out this herb in your skin routines.. at least in these hot summers? No? Alright..! Then Let’s quickly go into the recipe of using Mint leaves in the most simple and easy way..i.e., Mint Toner for Acne and sun burns.
Before I start Let me tell you..This toner works well when prepared with fresh mint leaves. So even though you have a bunch of mint leaves left over in your refrigerator, I recommend you to bring few fresh ones from the market. I know that’s a quite of work to do. But it’s worth it.
DIY Mint Toner for ACNE & SUN BURNS
Things you need:
1. Fresh Mint leaves
2. Rose Hydrosol/Rose water
3. Witch Hazel. (I use this BONSOUL Pure and Natural No Alcohol Witch Hazel Distillate Toner and Astringent, 100ml)
4. Spray bottle to store the toner
How to Prepare Mint Toner for ACNE at home:
1. Collect half a cup of Fresh mint leaves and soak them in water for 15 minutes to remove any dirt left of the leaves. Drain them and now wash it one last time.
2. Now add the leaves into a small coffee blender and add one cup of Rose hydrosol or rose water. If you do not have Rose water, you can replace it with ice water.
3. Add two tablespoons of Witch Hazel in it and blend it well till the leaves are well mashed. Witch hazel is an astringent, It contains several compounds with potent anti-inflammatory and antiviral properties, which may be useful in treating a variety of skin conditions like acne and redness caused due to inflammation. Though this step is optional, don’t miss out if you already have witch hazel in your home. It an added bonus to this toner.
4. Now strain the liquid using a strainer or a mesh cloth into a clean bowl.
5. Transfer this liquid into a spray bottle and use it as a toner or a facial mist to freshen your face after coming in from a hot sunny day.
Note: You can store this toner in your refrigerator for up to 3 days and use as when required. Do not store and use it for more then 3 days. The potency will be lost and the liquid may go rancid too. It is better to discard and prepare a fresh toner rather than using a foul toner.
Hope you will love to try this toner at least once this summer. I am sure that you will love to use this Mint toner for Acne and sun burns. Do try it once and don’t forget to share it to me on Instagram @smartgirlsblog. I am waiting.. 🙂