5 Different Ways to Use “Fenugreek Seeds for Hair” | Methi Seeds for Hair
Fenugreek is an age-old remedy for hair loss and thinning. It stimulates blood flow to the scalp, nourishes the hair follicles to promote faster and healthier new growth. Fenugreek seeds for hair is also used to treat many scalp problems like dandruff and itchiness.
Fenugreek seeds not only kill the bacteria and fungi present on the scalp but strengthen the hair follicles and promote hair growth.
Why Fenugreek ?
Fenugreek seeds are very effective in making the hair strong from their roots and dealing with the follicular problems. These seed fights irritation on the scalp and dandruff, which are two main reasons for hair loss. Antibacterial and anti fungal properties of fenugreek seeds make it useful to treat an itchy scalp and dandruff.
1. Controls hair Loss
2. Triggers hair growth
3. Nourishes hair and scalp
4. Works as natural hair conditioner
5. Helps in adding shine and softness hair
6. Combats dandruff and strengths hair
“Fenugreek Seeds for Hair” – How to use Methi Seeds for Hair
Fenugreek seeds contains large amounts of lecithin, which hydrates the hair and strengthens the roots or hair follicles. The seeds also help in moisturizing the hair and bringing back the luster and bounce.
It seed stimulates the hair follicles in the scalp while improving blood circulation. It helps to purify the hair follicles, strengthen them, and prevent clogging, curbing hair loss. It helps calm aggravated scalp and treats issues such as dandruff. It helps you to get thick hair naturally. solves the problem of hair loss and baldness. it helps to regrow loss hair at bald patches area. it deals with problems like dandruff, hair breakage and hair thinning.
In addition, fenugreek contains antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that help with dandruff, scalp irritation and acne. Also, as Fenugreek is high in plant estrogens and thus will help prevent thinning hair that occurs due to menopause.
The researchers also believe that fenugreek increases blood flow to the skin’s surface. Also fenugreek contains rich stores of steroid saponins. These compounds act as DHT inhibitors.
After knowing all these benefits, I guess no one would like to ignore and just not try this fenugreek seeds for hair. Ain’t you?
Fenugreek seeds and curd
Curd is responsible for healthy hair, silky hair, smooth hair and overcome dandruff. Curd contains nutrients that could potentially treat scalp conditions and help to moisturize and strengthen your hair. To prepare fenugreek and curd hair mask, follow the below steps.
- Soak a cup or two( depending upon the length of your hair) Fenugreek seeds / Fenugreek powder in 1 & 1/2 of water overnight
- You could see the seeds are all soften up. Now you can grind them well into a fine paste. The smarties..who are using fenugreek powder, you can skip this step.
- Mix 1/2 cup of curd into the paste. Stir well until the Fenugreek paste and the curd are mixed well.
- Section your hair into 4 equal parts & apply this mixture all over your hair from roots to tips. Concentrate more on the frizzy & dry ends. Wrap up with a shower cap.
- Wash off with a herbal shampoo after 2 hours.
Fenugreek Hair rinse
A perky herb, mint stimulates your senses, your circulation, your hair follicles – it’s get’s things moving! It’s like a boost of energy which dull hair really responds to! It also helps maintain the natural pH of your scalp, which controls excessive oil production.
How to use Fenugreek seeds for hair as a hair rinse:
1. Take 2 full cups of water into a saucepan and add 3 tablespoons of Fenugreek seeds and then add 10-15 fresh mint leaves into it.
2. On the stove and simmer this mixture in low flame for 10 minutes.
3. Let it cool down to room temperature and strain the mixture into a jar.
4. Wash your hair thoroughly and rinse your hair with this Fenugreek-Mint infused water, massage your hair for 2 minutes with this hair rinse left on your hair and wash off with normal water.
Fenugreek Seed and coconut oil
How to use Fenugreek seeds for hair with coconut oil to stop hair fall
- Hot Infusion Method: In this method, Fenugreek seeds are infused in coconut oil using continuous low flame temperatures for a certain time. To follow this method, take 50ml of Organic, Virgin, Cold pressed coconut oil in a pan and add a teaspoon of fenugreek seeds into it. Simmer this mixture in a low falme for 35-45 minutes. Set the oil aside for whole night and strain it the next morning. Store the oil in a dark glass jar, away from sunlight. Apply this oil twice weekly to stop hair fall permanently.
- Cold Infusion method: In this method, there is no extra heat required to infuse the oil with fenugreek seeds, except the sunlight. Take an airtight jar and add one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds and 50ml of Organic, Virgin, Cold pressed coconut oil in it. The seeds should be completely immersed in the coconut oil. Close the lid and place it near a window where there is enough sunlight falling in. Let the jar be there for one week and occasionally tilt/shake the jar once in a while during this time. After one week, store the jar inside away from sunlight. Use twice daily to get stringer and thicker hair naturally.
- Hair Mask: Soak a tablespoon of Fenugreek seeds powder with 250ml of water. Let it set overnight. Now add two tablespoons of curd into it the next morning and mix it well. This hair mask does wonders for damaged hair as well. Apply this hair mask once in a week to stop thinning of hair and hair fall.
Note: Use Fenugreek powder if you are using it as a hair mask and use the seeds when preparing hair oil. This cuts down the prep time for you.
Fenugreek seeds and Aloe Vera
Aloe vera has a chemical make up similar to that of keratin and it rejuvenates the hair with its own nutrients, giving it more elasticity and preventing breakage. It exfoliates the scalp to remove dead skin cells and radiate healthy looking hair naturally
It has anti-inflammatory properties that help soothe your scalp of irritation and aggravation. Its anti fungal and antiviral properties to treat dandruff and flaking. Aloe vera’s high content of protein, vitamins, and minerals help it nourish your follicles and hair efficiently.
Using Fresh Aloe Vera is the most effective way to treat dandruff. If you can find an Aloe Vera plant anywhere near your area, go get one leaf today. Otherwise, its always a great idea to have an Aloe Vera plant in your home.
How to use Fenugreek seeds for hair with Aloe vera
- To prepare the mask, first soak a cup of fenugreek powder in enough water overnight. Now add fresh juice of Aloe Vera leaf into it in the morning and mix it well.
- Apply this mask to your hair from scalp to ends gently, working into sections.
- After application, comb your hair with a wide tooth wooden comb to distribute the mask evenly althrough your hair.
- Wrap your hair into a bun and cover it with a shower cap.
- Wash your hair with a Mild shampoo after 1 hour.
Fenugreek and Egg
It is very common that people with oily skin will have oily scalp as well, which leads to oily hair. Oily scalp have overactive oil glands which secrets oil more than required. Egg is an excellent pore minimiser which in turn regulates and controls the amount of oil that gets secreted on your scalp. This egg and Coconut oil hair mask will help you achieve that.
- >>Take two fresh eggs, or one depending upon your length of your hair. Break them and add it in a bowl.
>> Stir it well. Add 3 tablespoon of overnight soaked fenugreek seeds paste into the eggs . Mix them well.
>>Work in sections and apply all over hair from roots to tips.
>> Massage gently for 2 minutes and use a wide tooth comb to comb and to spread it evenly all over the scalp.
>> Wait for 45 minutes and shampoo with a mild shampoo and condition as usual
So, which hair mask would you love to try with fenugreek to solve your hair problems? Comment them below and let me know..im waiting to read them from you. 🙂