If you are already following my blog, you know how much I swear by Bragg Apple cider vinegar. I almost use it for everything from my face to lighten dark spots and sun spots and for Hair to clean the dirt and pollution buildup on scalp. But, I never thought of Reviewing this guy as a whole, until one of my colleague has no clue that even there is a thing called Apple cider vinegar (ACV) left in this world for the goodness of humans. 😀
When She is unaware, I’m sure that many of you are too. So this post is dedicated to all of you who are unaware of the wonderful benefits of Apple cider Vinegar from skin and hair to health.
In this post, I will cover Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar REVIEW on how i used it for my skin and hair., compiled with its Uses for Skin and Hair too. So, are you with me?
Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar REVIEW
The Bragg’s Apple cider vinegar comes in a study transparent glass bottle with a Plastic black screw cap. Though this helps to preserve the product for long, this is definitely not a travel friendly one. If at all I want to carry ACV during my vacations, I transfer a required amount into a reusable container and carry it in my bag.
Certified Organic, Raw Apple Cider Vinegar and Purified water. Diluted to 5% acidity.
Refrigeration is not needed. If sediment occurs shake well before using.
Quantity and Price
Th price of Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar is INR 640/- for 473ml.
About the Brand
Information from their website-
Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar is made from delicious, healthy, organically grown apples. Processed and bottled in accordance with USDA guidelines, it is Certified Organic by Organic Certifiers and Oregon Tilth; and is Kosher Certified. Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar is full of zesty natural goodness. Non-GMO Certified. It’s a wholesome way to add delicious flavor to salads, veggies, most foods, and even sprinkle over popcorn.
Apple Cider Vinegar has been highly regarded throughout history. In 400 B.C. the great Hippocrates, Father of Medicine, used it for its amazing health qualities.
Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar Review – My take
This is my own personal experience on using the Bragg’s Apple cider vinegar for my Skin and Hair.
Some products just talks with their purity, ingredients and how they are made. Bragg’s ACV is one such thing. The benefits and uses that I will share with you now will say lot about the this ACV than just my review alone. But still, I will talk about few things that matter.
The Color is Light brownish, just the way an apple looks when it is Cut and kept open aside for a while. The smell in deed is awful. Very strong and pungent, just the way a Raw, unfiltered ACV should be.
Here is a sneak peak into the bottle.
You can often find the sediments settled at the bottle of the bottle after it is kept aside for a while. This sediment is what you call the real ‘Mother’ of this ACV. Here are few glances of this sediments for you.
I have used this for my skin and hair till now and haven’t consumed it yet as it smells awful. So my judgement may seem limited to some.
Benefits of ACV for Skin
1. Apple cider vinegar balances your skin’s pH
2. Apple cider vinegar can help fade early age spots
3. Apple cider vinegar fights acne, pimples and blemishes
4. Apple cider vinegar fights wrinkles
5. Apple cider vinegar removes toxins and dead skin from your face
How I use it Face
I use ACV for my face mainly in two ways.
- ACV Toner
- To wash face
Oily skin/Acne Prone: 1 part Apple cider vinegar and 1 part filtered water. Mix up the ratios depending upon your skin type. Apart from normal water you can also use rose water . That is completely optional. Store it in a clean plastic bottle or spray bottle. Just prepare enough for 1 week use.
To wash Face with ACV
Dilute the ratios as per my skin’s necessity and splash it one face and gently wash it for 1 minutes. I then wash my face with normal water. This will remove all the dead skin build up and clear the clogged pores.
Benefits of ACV for Hair
1. Balances pH Level of the scalp to reduce the excess oil production. Best for Oily hair beauties.
2. ACV contains many anti bacterial and anti fungal properties that helps to fight with any fungus and bacteria which may causes dandruff and other scalp infections.
3. As Apple cider vinegar is high in Acetic acid, it cleanses the scalp thoroughly to remove any product build-up from using serums, hair sprays and styling gels.
4. Reduces frizz and adds shine to your hair
5. Apple cider vinegar for hair is an excellent hair growth stimulator. It also controls hair loss and hair thinning.
How I use it for my Hair
I use Apple cider vinegar as a Hair rinse to remove product and dust buildup from pollution.
Mix Apple Cider vinegar and water in 1:5 ratio in a jar. Mix them well. Dump this water all over your hair and scalp after you shampoo and condition your hair.
Leave it on your hair for at least 5 minutes. Massage your scalp with your finger tips in the last minute before washing.
Do not use Raw ACV straight on your face or scalp. This may cause irritation and increase sensitivity on your skin’s surface. Always do a patch test before trying for the first time.
Read more from here. How to use Apple Cider Vinegar for Hair
1. Raw and Unfiltered. Pure Apple cider Vinegar with the ‘Mother’.
2. USDA Certified Organic Apple cider vinegar. NON GMO.
3. Multitude uses. Numerous health, skin and hair benefits.
4. Easily Available. Get it from here Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar – 473 ml
5. Reasonably priced.
1. Packaging. Though it cannot be packed in a plastic container, the glass bottle may be difficult to carry it around and some may also have fear of breakage.
Worth the Buy?
This is my second bottle and I am already reusing the empty one as a flower vase (I will the picture, if you want me to) 😀
ACV can be used more than just for Skin and Hair. I will hopefully one day try out in my salads and add my review here. ACV is a must add ingredient in your natural skin and hair care routines. You will love it once you start seeing the difference in your skin’s health.