Top Most NATURAL Ways to use Coconut Oil to Stop Hair Fall TODAY..!
We know coconut oil can do wonders both for our hair and skin. But do you know how it use it correctly to solve all your hair problems by just sitting in your home? There are many remedies using coconut oil to stop hair fall but today we are gonna see some that really works.
Coconut oil can penetrate deep into your hair shafts and prevent protein loss. This helps reduce hair damage and breakage often caused by physical trauma like styling and use of harsh products
Today, I will show some of the top most and best natural ways to use Coconut oil to stop hair fall starting from today.
Natural Ways to use Coconut oil to stop hair fall
Coconut oil and Fenugreek Seeds
Fenugreek is an amazing hair loving ingredient that adds many benefits. It cleasnes the scalp and also stimualtes hair follicles to increase hair growth. As It is also a source of Nicotinic Acid, which encourages hair growth and Lecithin which energizes hair follicles, it stops hair loss and promotes healthy strong hair.
Fenugreek seeds not only kill the bacteria and fungi present on the scalp but strengthen the hair follicles and promote hair growth.
Our scalp reaps maximum benefits when Fenugreek is mixed with coconut oil. There are three ways you can use fenugreek with coconut oil.
How to use Fenugreek and Coconut oil to stop hair fall:
- Hot Infusion Method: In this method, Fenugreek seeds are infused in coconut oil using continuous low flame temperatures for a certain time. To follow this method, take 50ml of Organic, Virgin, Cold pressed coconut oil in a pan and add a teaspoon of fenugreek seeds into it. Simmer this mixture in a low falme for 35-45 minutes. Set the oil aside for whole night and strain it the next morning. Store the oil in a dark glass jar, away from sunlight. Apply this oil twice weekly to stop hair fall permanently.
- Cold Infusion method: In this method, there is no extra heat required to infuse the oil with fenugreek seeds, except the sunlight. Take an airtight jar and add one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds and 50ml of Organic, Virgin, Cold pressed coconut oil in it. The seeds should be completely immersed in the coconut oil. Close the lid and place it near a window where there is enough sunlight falling in. Let the jar be there for one week and occasionally tilt/shake the jar once in a while during this time. After one week, store the jar inside away from sunlight. Use twice daily to get stringer and thicker hair naturally.
- Hair Mask: Soak a tablespoon of Fenugreek seeds powder with 250ml of water. Let it set overnight. Now add two tablespoons of curd into it the next morning and mix it well. This hair mask does wonders for damaged hair as well. Apply this hair mask once in a week to stop thinning of hair and hair fall.
Note: Use Fenugreek powder if you are using it as a hair mask and use the seeds when preparing hair oil. This cuts down the prep time for you.
Coconut oil and Curry Leaves
Who doesn’t know about the goodness of curry leaves here. We Indians use it in almost all of our curries. But, this is also the first and foremost ingredient that is kept aside in our plate before we even take first bite of our food.
In Ayurvedic medicine, curry leaves are believed to have several medicinal properties. They are considered to have anti-diabetic, antioxidant, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, anti-carcinogenic, and hepatoprotective (capability to protect the liver from damage) properties.
Even eating a couple of leaves daily early in the morning before breakfast, for a month can control hair fall and strengthen the roots of your hair.
Curry leaves boiled in coconut oil is a popular natural tonic for hair growth. This herbal tonic is trusted to nourish hair follicles and restore its natural color along with growing back stronger hair.
How to use Curry leaves and coconut oil to stop hair fall:
To use, Simmer 100ml of Virgin coconut oil with 20-22 fresh curry leaves (neither too big nor too small) in a pot for 7-10 min. The leaves should not burn. The oil should be boiled for at the least low possible temperatures.
Once the leaves’ color starts turning to black, turn off the stove and let the oil to the room temperature.
Strain the oil using a muslin cloth and store it in an airtight jar, away from sunlight.
Use this oil twice weekly to your scalp and hair and massage for 5 minutes. You can leave it overnight and then wash it off the next morning using a mild shampoo suitable to your hair.
Coconut oil and peppermint essential oil
Peppermint essential oil is one of the most potent essential oil that is used to treat various hair and scalp problems. It is also used to treat the most common hair problems like hair loss, hair thinning, dandruff and itchiness. Peppermint essential oil can help stimulate hair growth and has the ability to increase blood circulation around the scalp.
Mixing Coconut oil with Peppermint essential oil and applying to you scalp will not only stop hair fall but also increase hair growth and in some cases it was also found that this mixture can even grow hair in bald patches.
To See How to use Peppermint and coconut oil to stop hair fall: How to use Peppermint essential oil to stop hair loss
Disclaimer: Peppermint oil’s concentration of menthol can be irritating to the skin and scalp in some individuals. A patch test before using the oil is always recommended. Discontinue use, if you are sensitive to the oil. If you skin is OK after 24 hours of doing the patch test, you can continue to use the essential oil but never more than 2% dilution.
Coconut oil and Amla
Amla or Indian gooseberry is one of the most effective natural remedies for hair fall.
If you are losing your hair at an alarming rate, this tangy seasonal fruit can turn out to be your real savior. Here are different ways to include amla in your daily hair care routine for reducing frequent hair fall and getting beautiful shiny hair:
- Take a fresh amla and squeeze out its juice into a bowl. Apply it directly onto your scalp and massage with your fingertips gently. Let it sit for an hour. Then, wash off with a mild herbal shampoo. Regular application of this hair tonic will nourish your scalp, thereby making hair strands stronger.
- How to use Amla and coconut oil to stop hair fall: To make Amla infused coconut oil, finely chop/grate 3 full Amla and put in a saucepan. Add 100ml of coconut oil in it and stir well. Simmer the oil until all the water content in evoparated and the amla starts to change its color. This process may take upto 25 to 30 minutes. Off the stove and keep the pan aside, covered for whole night. Strain the oil next morning into a glass jar and store it in a cool and dry place away from sunlight. Apply this oil twice daily the night before washing your hair.
Regularly using amla for hair care helps strengthen the hair shafts, preventing issues such as breakage and split-ends.
Coconut oil and Egg Hair mask
Egg is super beneficial to your hair. Eggs (both whites and the yolks) contain many nutrients and vitamins that are essential to grow your hair longer and faster. It provides many hair vitamins and essential nutrients like iron, phosphorous, Vitamin K, A, E and D. These vitamins are highly necessary to increase hair growth that also reduces hair breakage and hair loss.
How to use Egg and coconut oil to stop hair fall:
Take two fresh eggs, or depending upon your length of your hair. Break them and add it in a bowl.
Stir it well. Add 2 tablespoon of pure unrefined coconut oil to the mixture. Mix them well.
Work in sections and apply all over hair from roots to tips.
Massage gently for 2 minutes and use a wide tooth comb to comb and to spread it evenly all over the scalp.
Wait for 45 minutes and shampoo with a mild shampoo and condition as usual.
TIP: Add few drops of essential oils like Lavender or Rosemary in your egg hair mask to avoid egg-y smell in your hair or wash your hair using shampoo and essential oils. You can read this post on how to add essential oils to shampoo
Use this Egg hair mask for hair loss at least once every week to visible results.
Coconut oil and Aloe Vera gel
This mixture of Aloe Vera and coconut oil are magical. I have been using my mom made Aloe Vera oil made from Coconut oil and few curry leaves since my childhood.
As we all know, Aloe Vera is simply a versatile herb which benefits both our skin and hair. Aloe vera has Antioxidant and antibacterial properties which helps treat dandruff quickly than any other herb.
Aloe vera contains something called proteolytic enzymes which repairs dead skin cells on the scalp. It also acts as a great conditioner and leaves your hair all smooth and shiny. It promotes hair growth, prevents itching on the scalp, reduces dandruff and conditions your hair.
A regular use of aloe vera will reduce hair loss and grow thick and strong hair.
How to use Aloe Vera and Coconut oil to stop hair fall:
To use, You can use oil made of Aloe Vera gel and coconut oil to stop hair fall. This oil is so simple to prepare. I have asked my mom for the recipe to share with you all.
You can also use raw ingredients for a hair mask. For this, take one cup of fresh aloe vera gel and mix two tablespoons of Virgin coconut oil in it. Apply this mask 40 minutes before taking bath.
Remember to wash your face by using only a mild shampoo.
You can use this hair mask twice weekly to see visible results.
Coconut oil and Castor oil
Castor oil for hair growth is used as an age old remedy.
Castor oil is of the most used oil for hair growth in Indian Homes. It is very thick with high viscosity than any other oils you apply to your hair. Castor oil promotes stronger, thicker and longer hair with regular use
Many Studies have shown that castor oil worked for hair growth as the presence of ricinoleic acid in it is probably the biggest reason for the oil’s effectiveness in reversing hair loss and baldness. The acid helps boost the production of the compound Prostaglandin (PGE2), which promotes hair growth from dormant follicles.
How to use Castor oil and Coconut oil to stop hair fall:
But many tend to use this oil in the wrong way and end up loss more hair.
As Castor oil is high viscous oil. it needs to be diluted in a carrier oil before applying it to your scalp. For this, there is no better combination other than coconut oil. Coconut oil and castor oil mixture is been used since ages, even our grandmas too.
Note: Avoid this remedy, if your hair is too thin and fragile.
So, which hair mask would you like to stop hair fall? Comment and let me know 🙂 Let’s see who like which hair mask the more..!