Aren’t you bored of the same old face mask to try out every summer? Curd, tomato, Lemon and Besan? While there is nothing wrong in that face pack, I just want you to be introduced to some really beneficial and cooling facial mask that is so fun to try out this summer. This can either be used as a face pack or sheet mask which I will show you in a while how to use. So Ready to try out his best ever Summer Face pack to brighten and cool your face instantly on these hot summer days?
Here’s the Recipe..
How to Make SUMMER FACE PACK for instant Brightness & Coolness in your Skin
The ingredients of this face pack are choosen very carefully with lot of research by me, each and every bit of this is equally important. So don’t miss out any. Don’t worry, the ingredients are pretty simple and easy to find in any grocery store near to you. Excited to know what the ingredients are?
Here we go…
1. Fresh Mint Leaves :
Mint Leaves are an excellent source of vitamin C. It contains natural salicylic acid which reduces the problem of acne and even blackheads. It is also known to brighten skin and reduce acne scars and due to presence of menthol in it, it gives an instant cool and refreshed feeling on face.
READ THIS: Why
2. Cucumber Slices :
Cucumber contains ascorbic acid (vitamin C) and caffeic acid, both of which help soothe skin irritations and reduce swelling–these acids prevent water retention, which may explain why cucumbers applied topically are often helpful for swollen eyes, burns and dermatitis. This too has a mild cooling effect to the skin when applied.
3. Aloe Vera Leaf :
Out of the many many benefits of Aloe Vera gel, we are using this here in this recipe so that it helps to treat sun burns which is most commonly experienced by sensitive skin beauties in hot summers especially in India.
4. Lavender Essential oil (Optional) :
Although Lavender has many skin benefits to talk about, I am using this here so that my face is left with a beautiful flowery scent after applying and washing off my face later. And for your information, Research suggests that Lavender may be useful for treating anxiety, insomnia,depression, and restlessness. So that’s a plus to calm my stress after a hectic work day.
1. Take Fresh Mint leaves and was them thoroughly in running water. Take about 15-20 leaves in a bowl and then now add 2-3 slices off cucumber in it.
2. Now a a scoop of fresh Aloe gel from the leaf and add into the same bowl of mint leaves and cucumber.
3. Blend them into a fine paste and add 3 drops of lavender essential oil into it and mix it well.
4. Cleanse your face well and apply this mask onto your face evenly. As this is paste made out of all fresh leaves it may not be that easy to get this on to your face. In that case, go the next step.
5. You can just extract the juice out of this mask and pour it on a flat plate and dip a clean cotton napkin (with holes for eyes, nose and mouth just like those sheet masks) into the juice. Let it soak in there for 5 minutes and now gently squeeze just the excess water and wrap it on your face.
6. Wash off with Cold water after 15 minutes.
Spritz some rose water on to your face and let your face air dry.
And that’s how you naturally cool your face after coming in from a hot sunny day. You will love this face mask specially if you are applying it on any summer afternoons or early evenings. Try it on today and let me know how refreshing and cool it was. Will you?