Best essential oils to treat acne Overnight ..!! + How to use them ?
1. Peppermint essential oil
Researches has reported that peppermint essential oil is effective against several strains of bacteria that are in the same family as acne causing bacteria.
Peppermint essential oil has a cooling menthol effect which reduces the inflammation around the acne and makes it look less red-y and bump-y.
Benefits of Peppermint Essential oil for Skin
- It reduces and controls the excess oil production of skin.
- The best anti inflammatory essential oil
- Kills and reduces the growth of bacteria on skin that feeds on sebum
- Its cooling menthol properties calms the affected area and reduces redness and pain.
How to use Peppermint essential oil for Acne
Using a Q-Tip, take a drop or two of peppermint essential oil and apply it on the effected area or the pimple. Do not over apply it. Best time to apply is in the night time before going to bed.
2. Lavender Essential oil
Lavender essential oil is a strong inhibitor of bacteria growth. A bacterium commonly found in acne is effectively treated by lavender. Lavender oil for skin is making rounds as the next best natural cure for all your problems related to the skin
Benefits of Lavender Essential oil for Skin
- Provides skin with powerful anti oxidants.
- Clears acne and scaring
- Lightens skin
- Prevents wrinkles and early age spots
- Fights with problem causing bacteria.
How to use Lavender essential oil for Acne
Mix 2-3 drops of lavender essential oil in a tablespoon of rose water. Using a cotton pad, take this mixture and wipe the affected area of your skin thrice daily. You can also dab a cotton ball into this mixture and put that cotton ball on your pimple or acne for 20 minutes and then wash off area. Do this before going to bed for better results.
3. Frankincense Essential oil
Frankincense oil is popularly used to lift, tone and tighten the skin, prevent wrinkles, reduce dark spots and pore size, heal and prevent acne and slow the signs of aging.
Frankincense essential oil is a natural astringent that helps regenerate healthy cells and keep existing tissue healthy and strong.
Benefits of Frankincense Essential oil for Skin
- Reduces blemishes and scars
- Slows the signs of aging
- Lightens skin and treats uneven skin
- Balances oily and dry skin
- Kills germs and reduces acne
How to use Frankincense essential oil for Acne
A drop or a two of Frankincense essential oil can be mixed in your daily face moisturizer and apply it the night on a well cleansed face. Repeat this for latest three times a week to treat acne overnight.
4. Tea Tree essential oil
This one is one of the most popular essential oil ever used to treat acne by many people. Although this works for some and doesn’t for others, it is still considered to treat acne with tea tree essential oil to be one of the effective and safe method.
As Tea tree oil has some of the rare anti bacterial and anti viral properties it creates a perfect environment to avoid problem causing skin bacteria. It fights with germs and reduces the redness around the acne.
Benefits of Tea Tree oil for acne
- Has Anti bacterial and antiseptic properties
- Is as effective as benzoyl peroxide, an inorganic compound found in most of the acne clearing commercial products.
- It heals acne left scars and blemishes
How to use Tea Tree essential oil for Acne
Using a Q-Tip, take a drop or two of tea tree essential oil and apply it on the effected area or the pimple. Do not over apply it. Best time to apply is in the night time before going to bed.
This works best as an overnight acne treatment as the tea tree oil reduces the swelling around the pimple and diminishes it.
5. Eucalyptus essential oil
Eucalyptus has great antiseptic properties. Due to its antiseptic properties, eucalyptus oil can be used for treating minor cuts, wounds, blisters, bumps, boils, insect bites, and other similar skin problems.
Benefits of Eucalyptus essential oil for skin
- It speeds up the process of healing skin problmes
- Due to its excellent anti inflammatory properties it Heals acne and other bacterial infections
- Reduces skin burns and blisters
- Fades dark spots and acne scars
Benefits of Eucalyptus oil for acne
Mix 3 drops of Eucalyptus essential oil in 1 teaspoon of almond oil and apply it on acne and acne scars. Repeat it latest 3 times a week to see visible results.
For more Such Awesome Tips on Natural Skin care and hair care, Join Our “SmartGirls” Community for free Today..!