The Ultimate Guide for Anti inflammatory Foods | ACNE CURE & CLEAR SKIN
Acne is primarily caused by inflammation in the body. This in turn leads to the over production of sebum on your skin. This sebum is a power house for many bacteria. These bacteria grows and clogs your pores causing oiliness and acne. Some of the these anti inflammatory foods for skin are beneficial in fighting the bacteria and controls the sebum production on your skin.
Though you change your products or how well your taking care of your skin, acne can still erupt if you neglect your diet. Cystic acne that is mostly affected in teenagers or even adults nowadays are mostly due to harmful imbalances.
Taking proper diet and avoiding refined or processed sugar, grains and dairy products will help your skin to breathe and radiate natural glow.
Fruits and veggies
Green leafy vegetables
Green Leafy vegetables are one such readily available anti inflammatory foods that fight inflammatory molecules in our body. In addition to abundant Vitamin E in green leafy vegetables, they have many nutrients and minerals that are helpful in reducing the Cholesterol levels and controlling blood sugar.
Some of the Green Leafy vegetables to incorporate in your daily diet to fight inflammation are Kale, Spinach, Broccoli and Brussel sprouts. These Green Leafy vegetables are packed with dozens of anti inflammatory nutrients and vitamins like Vitamin K, Vitamin D, Omega 3 fatty acids and nutrients like flavonoids and carotenoids.
A cup of fresh green leafy vegetables daily is a must for a healthy gut and thus to get clear skin. A green smoothie and Vegan salad are the two best options to include a daily dosage of fresh green leafy veggies in your diet.
- Make a green smoothie using one cup of either spinach/kale, half cucumber, and one full ripe banana. You can also add a cup of coconut water or coconut milk, if the smoothie is too thick to consume. Having a smoothies in the early morning after your workout gives you the right amount of calories to start your day.
- A salad using a some veggies and fruits is a perfect vegan lunch you can ever have. Chop few apples, kale, spinach, carrots and beets. Mix them well and drizzle few teaspoons of olive oil and add pinch of pepper and salt for taste. You can also squeeze half a lemon into the salad for an added citric taste.
Beets constituents, most notably the betalain pigments, display potent antioxidant, anti–inflammatory and chemo-preventive activity in vitro and in vivo.
Beet benefits your body in so many ways such as reducing inflammation, supporting your heart, and protecting your digestive, brain, and eye health. Beets can be eaten raw in salads and juices, or cooked and added to a variety of recipes spanning from breakfast to dinner, that’s the best part of Beets.
- Make a juice of 2 fresh Beetroots and have it in the early morning to supply a daily dosage of anti inflammatory molecules to your body. You can also add it in your smoothies for extra sweetness and color.
- Add few thinly sliced fresh beets in your salads and have it in your dinner
Anthocyanins is one such compound that is found to grapes which is an excellent inhibitor of inflammation in human bodies.
Grapes are also one of the best sources of resveratrol, another compound that has many health benefits
- Snack with grapes to stop unhealthy sugar and carb cravings.
Papaya’s biggest nutritional benefit is that it is high in vitamin C, providing 237 grams or almost 400% of the recommended daily value of 60 grams per day.
Papain has also been shown to help reduce inflammation in people with disease such as asthma or arthritis and can help reduce inflammation in the prostate.
- Eat one cup of fresh ripe papaya daily in the morning to get the daily dose of right nutrients and vitamins to your body.
There are dozens of varieties of berries like blue berries, black berries, raspberries and strawberries. Not only berries are so tasty to eat but also contains some of the rare anti inflammatory molecules to fight inflammation in our body.
These small fruits are packed with loads of vitamins, minerals and nutrients that are essential to our body.
Berries contains anti-oxidants that also reduce the risk of cancer.
- Berries added an excellent flour to smoothies. Add few berries in your daily smoothies to combat inflammation in your b0dy.
- Snack dried berries and nuts in your snack time to reduce unhealthy cravings.
Avocados are true super foods. They contains arotenoids and tocopherols which are linked to reduced cancer risk. They are power packed with potassium, magnesium, fiber and provide healthy mono saturated fats to the body.
If your acne has increased due to unexplained reasons, then high inflammation is one of them. Avocados are directly linked to treat anti inflammation that causes acne.
- Add few slices of avocados in your sandwich to combat the acne causing inflammation.
Regular potatoes are full of carbs and sugar. But sweet potatoes are jam packed with various phytonutriets and micronutrietns that are responsible f reducing inflammation in the body.
Beta carotenes which are present in sweet potatoes are precursors to vitamin A which acts as a powerful antioxidant helping to protect cells from sun damage and to prevent the appearance of aging.
One cup of raw sweet potato contains about 114 calories, 27 grams carbohydrate, 6 grams sugar, 2 grams protein and 0 grams fat.
- Enjoy your evening snack with a cup of green tea and sweet potatoes. Boil a cup of fresh sweet potatoes in a pressure cooker for one whistle. Remove the peel and mash them well in a bowl. Add honey for extra sweetness.
This popular herb has many anti inflammatory benefits due to the the anti oxidants present in it. It neutralizes the free radicals present in the body and regulates circulation levels.
One of the healthiest beverage on earth is green tea. Replacing your daily dose of coffee with Green tea will be one of the best decisions you have ever taken.
EGCG (epigallocatechin-3-gallate) in Green tea inhibits inflammation by reducing pro-inflammatory cytokine production and damage to the fatty acids in your cells.
- Two cups of Green tea, one in the morning and one in the evening, will provide the right amount of anti oxidants and anti inflammatory benefits to your body.
Some of the deitery whole grains like brown rice, wheat and oats are unrefined and hence have many anti inflammatory properties and vitamins that are not present in refined grains such as white rice.
Brown rice (BR) is unpolished rice with various beneficial compounds such as vitamins, magnesium and other minerals, dietary fiber, essential fatty acids, γ-oryzanol and γ-aminobutyric acid.
Replace your unrefined grains with Brown rice and include in your daily diet to fight free radicals and inflammation.
The quinoa saponins have been shown to have both anti–inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
This list of anti-inflammatory nutrients in Quinoa includes phenolic acids (including hydroxycinnamic and hydroxybenzoic acids), members of the vitamin E family like gamma-tocopherol, and cell wall polysaccharides like arabinans and rhamnogalacturonans.
One-half cup of cooked quinoa contains 111 calories, 4 grams of protein, about 2 grams of fat and almost 20 grams of carbohydrates
- Replacing normal polished white rice with Quinoa is one of the best option to reduce cholesterol levels and decrease inflammation in the body.
Mono saturated fats are healthy fats that are required for your body to fight inflammation and keeps your gut healthy. Extra virgin Olive oil is one of the healthiest fats that you can eat.
The effect of oleocanthol, an antioxidant found in olive oil, has been compared to anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen.
It is important to use the extra virgin Olive oil, as this type of the oil is the most potent and high in anti inflammatory benefits.
- Cooking with Extra Virgin Olive oil is one of the best and easiest ways to start including olive oil in your diet.
- Drizzle some Extra virgin olive oil in your daily salads
The lauric acid present in coconut oil is one such compound which is very effective in fighting inflammation in the body. In India, there are many places where in Coconut oil is used for cooking various dishes.
If your are one of those who doesn’t like the taste of olive oil in dishes, using Extra virgin unrefined coconut oil for cooking is a great alternative to Olive oil.
Nuts & Seeds
According to an experiment conducted in the Mediterranean area by Papousti et al, Walnuts contains polyphenolic compounds and phytochemical substances that reduce the effects of inflammation in the body. Apart from having high anti inflammatory benefits, walnuts benefits also includes improving heart functioning, lowers cholesterol, improves body’s metabolism rate and also controls diabetes.
Nutritional value of Walnuts include- 190 calories in 30 grams of Walnuts and total fat content is 18 grams which includes both unsaturated and saturated fats. Dietary fiber is abut 2 grams per ounce, and 4 grams of carbohydrates.
- Add some chopped Walnuts in your Oatmeal breakfasts or add as toppings in your salads.
- Add shredded Walnuts to your chilled yogurt to enjoy a healthy desert.
- Take few nuts in your tea time al0ng with some other munchies, to have a healthy snack.
In many of the weight control diet it is often stressed that you should never include any sort of fat in your diet. But the fact is, our bodies require certain kind of fatty acids to regulate overall health. As our body cannot produce these fatty acids, it is important t add them in ur body through dietary source. Almonds have two important fatty acids called linoleic and linolenic acids which reduce inflammation in the body. These essential fatty acids also reduces the levels of bad cholesterol in our body and promotes healthy looking skin and hair.
Almonds have a rich source of vitamin E, calcium, phosphorous, iron, magnesium and selinuim just like Walnuts. Compared to other nuts Almonds are more richer in nutrients and beneficial components.
- Almond milk can be used in place of your regular dairy products. Use a cup of Almond milk in your daily smoothies or deserts.
- Use few crushed Almonds in your breakfast with high fiber Oats or muesli.
- Take 2-3 Soaked Almonds early in the mornings to get daily nutritional value from almonds.
Chia seeds contains high amounts of Omega-3 fatty acids which has many benefits in healthy aging. Chia seeds also contain a good source of anti oxidants which can help curb the free radicals in the body that can cause inflammation. It is good to take a tablespoon of chia seeds everyday to reduce the inflammation in the body and also to attain the daily dose of omega-3 fatty acids, fiber and calcium.
100 grams of Chia seeds contain approximately 450 gms of energy, 34 gms of dietary fiber, 630 mg of calcium and 7 mg of iron. It is loaded with number of vitamins and nutrients that are necessary to maintain a healthy body.
- Soak a tablespoon of chia seeds in a glass of water and consume it in the next morning.
- Chia seeds can also be used in many salad dressings to add a crisp flavor.
- Chia seeds are a good addition to smoothies and puddings.
Hormonal imbalances also is one of your causing of cystic acne. The disruption in the way your hormones work may cause many imbalances in your body and thus inflammation too.
Hemp seeds which contains many chemical compounds, nutrients and vitamins give you the right amount of omega -6 fatty acids called GLA- gamma linoleic acid, a rare variety of essential fatty acid. This fatty acid works as a hormone regulator for thyroid and pancreas, it can reduce many of the symptoms that come from a hormonal imbalances, including severe menopausal symptoms, mood swings, depression and anxiety.
- As hemp seeds are a little bulky, it is better to use ground hemp seeds for any any salad dressings of in smoothie mixes.
- Add few in you DIY energy bars for a crunchy taste and instant boost of energy.
Flax seeds are a rich source of alpha linelonic acid, omega 3 fatty acids and lignans. Omega 3 fatty acid is the most active agent that fights inflammation int eh body that causes many heart diseases, allergies, hormonal imbalances, acne and many other skin problems.
- Using ground flax seed powder in salads and sandwiches, adds a great taste and nutritional value to your meals.
- Use in your smoothies or protein shakes for extra benefits.
Herbs & Spices
Ginger is an excellent herb. It is used almost in every house in India for cooking and other medicinal purposes. It is one f the best herbs gifted by mother nature that reduces inflammation in the body and cleanses our body to keep it free from toxins. Some of the incredible benefits of ginger include anti-inflammatory, aids in digestion,
- Can be served with Tea. Add a small slice of ginger while preparing Your cup of tea. This adds tastes too.
- One of the easiest way to include ginger in your daily diet is adding few chopped pieces of ginger while preparing your curries.
Cinnamon is one of those spicy herbs that comes with many health benefits. It contains many vitamins and nutrients such as iron, manganese, calcium and Vitamin K that is highly beneficial to reduce high chohlestrol levels and to maintain a healthy heart giving it antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-diabetic, anti-microbial, immunity-boosting, cancer and heart disease-protecting abilities.
Recommended: Cinnamon and honey face pack for acne and dark spots
- Add a dash of teaspoon into your daily Oats or muesli breakfast.
- Add a pinch of Cinnamon powder to your banana or spinach smoothies.
Turmeric, one of the most used spices in the Indian curries, outnumbers traditional drug store medicines in many health benefits. It has many health benfts that cannot be ignored. It has excellent anti inflammatory, anti bacterial, anti septic properties that when used regularly keeps your body safe from free radicals and reduces the risk of cancer and heart diseases.
- One sure short way to include turmeric in your daily diet is my adding a teaspoon amount in your curries while preparing them.
- Drinking Turmeric tea with honey once in a while also keeps your body healthy and avoids inflammation.
For more Such Awesome Tips on Natural Skin care and hair care, Join Our “SmartGirls” Community for free Today..!