5 Reasons to Wash your Hair with Soap Nuts | Indian Reetha, “NO POO”
Just like washing your face with mild soaps, floral waters and natural ingredients like oats and rice, your hair and scalp is no different. Your scalp too produces sebum naturally to condition and hydrate your hair. Using lot of products filled with chemicals, creates product buildup and eventually leads to many scalp problems like hair loss, oily scalp dandruff and other scalp infections too. We are so busy these days running after out lives and earning money, but fail to create and understand a better lifestyle for ourselves.
Saying So, I Still remember how my grandma takes care of our hair and recommends us to do the same too. She prepares her own hair oil and her own shampoo using Reetha. My hair was luscious and very thick when my mom took good care of it in my childhood. It’s funny to say that how much I hated it back then and after certain age I refused to wash my hair with reetha and tried every shampoo that was in the market those days.
Not to mention the ugly side effects that bought these products to my hair. They were not just bad to our hair but to our overall system.
Did you know, that around 60% of the chemicals in our products that we apply on our skin o a daily basis has the potency to go into our blood steam and settle in our liver unattended. Just think of those harmful carcinogenics like parabens, SLS and fragrances in your products. Isn’t that scary?
Fast forward to 10+ years, I use Reetha to wash my hair at least once in two weeks, or whenever I could make some time to take care of my hair in my busy schedule.
Reetha or Aritha is not new to Indians. In fact, it is also called as Indian Soapnut. While the people of other countries are praising our traditions and embracing our cultures, we are falling crazy about the foreign brands that are loaded with chemicals and nothing else.
Not very recently, but there was lot of hype and praise for our India Soapnut in different countries. I read lot of different blogs and posts how to use this soap nut to was your hair and even face. I was like, is this even a thing? Who does’t know about Reetha?
While many of us here in India, hate using this nut to wash our hair, here they are letting us know the things we have forgotten long back.
In this post, I will make a small try to influence you all to use soap nut and ditch commercial brands buy letting you how beneficial it is not just for your hair, but also for the mother earth.
These are 5 Reasons that make you start washing your hair with Reetha starting from today.
5 Reasons to Wash your Hair with Soap Nuts – The Best ‘NO-POO’ Method
1. No False Promises: Tried every shampoo, conditioner, hair serum, hair spray that promises your to be shiny, glossy and as gorgeous as runway hair? May be they can make your hair look better with plastic, silicones and stuff for just one day or may be two. If your hair becomes greasy and oily at your roots and dry, grassy, and brittle at the ends, blame your hair care products. They make your hair look like that and eventually your hair becomes dependent on them to look and feel better.
If you want a healthier and shinier hair, no other option would fit as best as using soap nuts. It just leaves the hair with an amazing smoothness after every wash, giving it a more stunning and shiny look. You feel the difference may be not the very first day, but eventually. Soap nuts are a mild cleanser for any type of scalp. It controls excess sebum production and regulated the moisture levels of your hair without making it too greasy and dry.
The Reetha liquid makes your hair shinier and softer. It is anti-bacterial and anti-fungal in nature and keeps your scalp free from dandruff and prevents hair loss. It shows no side-effects in spite of using it daily that is not with chemical shampoo.
2. Bye-Bye Scalp Infections: The main reason reetha is good for your hair is due to its anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties which keep infections at bay. it is known to reduce dandruff and itchiness of scalp. It soothes the scalp by gently exfoliating the dead skin and product buildup and reveals a fresh and clean scalp with every wash. So even though you feel hard and have no time to wash your hair with reetha every week, then make time at least once every 15 days (like me) to keep scalp infections at bay.
3. Thicker Hair: Soap Nuts are known to increase hair growth thereby making your hair more thicker. It also reduces hair thinning and hair loss. Unlike the conventional hair care products, soap nuts doesn’t let the moisture loose from your hair and also helps to retain the natural bounce to your mane.
The amount of hair loss during cleansing your hair will also be reduced when using soap nuts.
4. Perfect for sensitive Noses: It is very difficult to find a fragrance free product in today’s world. Belive me, I have been there searching more and more in a hope to find fragrance free products for my skin and hair care. ‘Fragrance’ or ‘parfum’ in your personal care products is prepared using more than 200 chemicals which in
most all cases is not mentioned on the product you are using. The only thing that is mentioned is ‘fragrance’.
As I have already mentioned enough about the dangers of chemicals used in the name of ‘fragrance’ in the post Toxic Ingredients You MUST Avoid at any cost..!! Harmful & Carcinogenic.., this is not something new to you if you have already read that.
5. Little to the mother Earth but more to India: Using reetha as a hair Shampoo is economical and sustainable to the environment. You ask me How? Imagine if you are using a shampoo that is typically packed in a plastic bottle, one every two months. Then, on an average you throw 6 plastic bottles per year for one person in a family. Imagine, how many you have already threw from the time you were using shampoo and how many you will if you continue to use them moving forward. If just one shampoo bottle can produce this much of waste per year, then what your moisturizers, toners and other make up products which come in plastic will do to the earth, where this plastic will go? If this continues, one day we will no space to live on this planet.
Being said that, we as humans are responsible to lead a meaningful life by not piling up waste day by day. Even a single plastic product that you reduce or avoid to use will contribute to reduce the waste on earth.
Reetha, which is cultivated only in India and Nepal, you will be actually helping the local business owners and shops to grow whenever you buy them. Buying from local shops, farmers and small business owners will not make them happy but also help India to develop more. I always prefer to buy some of the basic things for my skin, hair and health from the places which they are famous for. For eg, I bough some fresh coffee beans from a local shop here in a place called chigmaglur (famous for coffee plantations) in karnataka. These coffee beans are cultivated locally and sold to the customers. I will surely share the pictures soon and how i used them apart from drinking some tasty coffee. So, stay tuned. 😀
So, that’s how you help the mother earth a little and more to India. 🙂