If you are already following my blog, you know how much I swear by Bragg Apple cider vinegar. I almost use it for everything from my face to lighten dark spots and sun spots and for Hair to clean the dirt and pollution buildup on scalp. Today I wanted to share all the different ways I use ACV for face and Hair. So, Are you with me? Then, Let’s get started 🙂
Different ways to use ACV for Face and Hair
Benefits of ACV for Skin
1. Apple cider vinegar balances your skin’s pH: As most of our facial cleansers have a pH which is above 7, they tend to dry our skin and strip natural acidic content on our face. This acid mantle on our skin is highly necessary to keep our skin free from entering any harmful bacteria that may cause acne, skin irritation , dryness and other skin issues.
Apple cider vinegar which has an almost same pH as our skin, it balances and retains moisture on skin’s tissue after using it. It also controls excess sebum production on oily skin.
2. Apple cider vinegar can help fade early age spots: Apple cider vinegar contains alpha hydroxy acids that will remove dead skin and reveal healthy and vibrant new skin. When you wash your face daily with apple cider vinegar you will notice a difference in age spots as they slowly fade away.
In addition to washing your face with apple cider vinegar, dab a little on a cotton ball and apply directly to age spots. Wait about thirty minutes and rinse your face with cool water and pat dry. Do this twice daily for six weeks and you will see a difference. You can do it as an overnight spot treatment too for better results.
3.. Apple cider vinegar fights acne, pimples and blemishes: One of the most popular use of Apple cider vinegar for skin is to fight acne and pimples. It cures and diminishes zits with one overnight treatment.
Why buy a commercial acne cream loaded with chemicals, when you can just use apple cider vinegar to treat your acne. When apple cider vinegar is made, malic acid forms. This makes apple cider vinegar a potent antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral substance capable of keeping bacteria at bay and pimples from forming.
4. Apple cider vinegar fights wrinkles: Diluted apple cider vinegar face wash can help minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. You can soak a cotton pad or cotton cloth in diluted apple cider vinegar and dab on your skin. Rinse with warm water and pat dry. Use it as a daily toner after washing your face with some natural cleansing grains like oats.
5. Apple cider vinegar removes toxins and dead skin from your face: Regular use of an apple cider vinegar wash will help draw toxins out of your skin leaving a youthful and clean glow. Apple cider vinegar helps to exfoliate your skin gently to remove the dead skin from the skin’s surface. This is one of the best gentle exfoliating method, if your are sensitive to harsh grain based scrubs.
How to Use ACV for Face
1. As a Toner
One of the most popular use of Apple cider vinegar for skin is using it as a toner. This is my favorite method to use Apple cider vinegar for my skin. It helped me a lot to clear my acne in my initial stages.
Its been more than an year I am using this Apple cider vinegar toner in my daily skin care routine. And you wont believe me, how this has helped me to cure all my skin problems including acne and acne scaring.
Using a toner, a natural toner that can balance the skin’s acidic pH is a must to include in your skin care routine. Toners also remove the excess dirt and makeup that your facial cleansers or normal oil cleansing routine have failed to do so.
How to prepare Apple cider vinegar Toner for skin:
Mix up the ratios depending upon your skin type ( See below link fore more ). Apart from normal water you can also use rose water . That is completely optional. Store it in a clean plastic bottle or spray bottle. Just prepare enough for 1 week use.
2. As a Face wash
The goodness in apple cider vinegar toner actually heals your skin from within. Raw apple cider vinegar is a by product of fermentation of apples. Apple is an amazing skin food. whether applying it externally on your face or taking it internally have profound benefits on your skin.
How to wash Apple cider vinegar for skin:
Make a mixture of equal parts of Apple cider vinegar and water and wash your face with it daily in the morning and in the evening after you return home.
Read more: Why you should not wash your face with Soap?
3. As a substitute of Rose water
You can use Apple cider vinegar in home made face packs and scrubs too. It is an excellent replacement of rose water. It is most effective when used in clay masks like Fullers Earth (Multani Mitti). It reduces the pore size and makes your skin look clean and beautiful.
How to use Apple cider Vinegar as a substitute of Rose water:
Take 1 tablespoon of Fullers Earth and add equal parts of Apple cider vinegar and water in it. Mix them well and apply on your well cleansed face. Wash off after 20 minutes. do not use Soap. Apply a Natural Aloe Vera gel Moisturizer to avoid to much dryness of skin.
Not many know this. But yes, Apple cider vinegar helps to exfoliate your skin gently to remove the dead skin from the skin’s surface. This is one of the best gentle exfoliating method, if your are sensitive to harsh grain based scrubs.
How to use Apple cider Vinegar to exfoliate skin:
Take two cotton balls. Now take raw apple cider vinegar onto one cotton ball and plain normal water into other. Hold the apple cider vinegar cotton ball in one hand and the water cotton ball in your other hand.
Now using upward stokes, rub your skin with the apple cider vinegar ball first, followed by the water cotton ball. Repeat this all over your face. Wash off with Cold water.
Skip this method, if your skin is too sensitive.
5. Spot Treatment
Apple cider vinegar is a great acne remedy. It is been used by many including me, to treat acne and acne spots. It cures the skin from the damage done by acne. It is and excellent medicine to treat skin blemishes, acne and dark spots.
How to use Apple cider Vinegar as a spot treatment:
To use apple cider vinegar as a spot treatment, Take Raw apple cider vinegar in a small cap and dip one end of a Q-tip in it.
Now apply it on your acne or dark spots directly. Do this in the night before going to bed. Let the treatment be on your face for overnight. Wash your face the next morning.
Note: Do not use Raw apple cider vinegar directly on your face all the time. It is always best to use it in diluted form. If your skin is too sensitive, always do a patch test and see if the ratio of water and apple cider vinegar is right for your skin type or not. If not, increase the water amount in the mixture and then use.
Benefits of ACV for Hair
1. Balances pH Level of the scalp to reduce the excess oil production. Best for Oily hair beauties.
2. ACV contains many anti bacterial and anti fungal properties that helps to fight with any fungus and bacteria which may causes dandruff and other scalp infections.
3. As Apple cider vinegar is high in Acetic acid, it cleanses the scalp thoroughly to remove any product build-up from using serums, hair sprays and styling gels.
4. Reduces frizz and adds shine to your hair
5. Apple cider vinegar for hair is an excellent hair growth stimulator. It also controls hair loss and hair thinning.
How to Use ACV for Hair
1. As a Hair Rinse
I use Apple cider vinegar as a Hair rinse to remove product and dust buildup from pollution.
Mix Apple Cider vinegar and water in 1:5 ratio in a jar. Mix them well. Dump this water all over your hair and scalp after you shampoo and condition your hair.
Leave it on your hair for at least 5 minutes. Massage your scalp with your finger tips in the last minute before washing.
Do not use Raw ACV straight on your face or scalp. This may cause irritation and increase sensitivity on your skin’s surface. Always do a patch test before trying for the first time.
Read more from here. How to use Apple Cider Vinegar for Hair
2. As a Hair Mask
You can Use ACV for Hair as a Hair mask too. Mix with wither Fenugreek or Neem powder to form a paste and apply to your scalp to treat all scalp infections and irritations especially in monsoons.
Wash your hair with a Mild Shampoo after 40 minutes.
Best ACV for Face and Hair Available in India
I a using Bragg Apple cider vinegar for my face since 2 years and I love this one. It comes with the real mother in it. You can often find the sediments settled at the bottle of the bottle after it is kept aside for a while. This sediment is what you call the real ‘Mother’ of this ACV. Here are few glances of this sediments for you.
Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar is made from delicious, healthy, organically grown apples. Processed and bottled in accordance with USDA guidelines, it is Certified Organic by Organic Certifiers and Oregon Tilth; and is Kosher Certified. Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar is full of zesty natural goodness. Non-GMO Certified. It’s a wholesome way to add delicious flavor to salads, veggies, most foods, and even sprinkle over popcorn.
Apple Cider Vinegar has been highly regarded throughout history. In 400 B.C. the great Hippocrates, Father of Medicine, used it for its amazing health qualities.
Where to buy?