5 secrets to get frizz free silky smooth hair with curd | Best curd hair masks ever
I love DIY Hair masks, because they are super easy and fun to make with already available ingredients at your kitchen and are so nourishing and healthy to our mane. Isn’t it?
I always try to use natural and organic products to my hair, in that way I am happy that I am making no harm to my hair and as well as to this planet too. 🙂
Curd is an excellent conditioner to your hair. It smothens out the dry and unmanageable hair to give you a good hair day. I always use any hair mask once a week, specially on Wednesdays as It is convenient to me. choose any day in a week and pamper your hair with a DIY hair mask. Though the results are not as fast as we expect them to be, but eventually you’ll realize that worth of these hair masks after seeing your quality of the hair. You’ll be amazed to see the health and shine that your hair has obtained after being using these hair masks.
Today I am happy to share with you these 5 simple curd hair masks that you can try this month.Read on to know which is my personal favorite among these…
I hope you all have good hair days after using these hair masks. 🙂
Best Curd Hair Masks for Silky, Smooth, frizz-free Hair
5. Curd and Olive oil
Curd and Olive oil are a great combination specially in the winters where your hair is prone to breakage, splitting and frizzy flyaways that make your hair look no less than a bird’s nest. The rich vitamin E content in Olive oil helps to fight hair loss and works wonders on dry hair to keeps your locks moisturized and healthy. Massaging just with this oil onto your scalp removes the flaky dandruff caused especially in the winter months.
- Take 1 cup of curd in a bowl and add 3 tablespoons of organic Olive oil into it.
- Whisk the ingredients until the curd and olive oil are mixed well.
- You can add few teaspoon of rosewater if your curd is too thick to be applied to your hair
- Apply this mixture all over your hair from roots to tips, working into sections.
- Wrap your hair with a shower cap and let your hair soak all the goodness of this mixture for about 40 minutes.
- Wash off your hair with a mild sulphate-free shampoo and condition if required.
Confused about which Olive oil brand to choose? I have listed and reviews 6 top oils for dry hair including Olive oil. Try them.
4. Curd and Eggs
Curd and eggs are make one of the best hair mask for a deep smoothing treatment for your hair. Eggs are full of proteins and nutrients. They contain folate and other minerals that stimulate hair growth and prevent hair loss too. While using the white part of the eggs gives you silky mane with added shine, but I recommend you to use the whole egg i.e including the yolk too. Because that is where you’ll get all the necessary minerals and nutrients that are needed to improve the health of your hair. Do not worry about the stinky smell of the egg, you can add few drops of your favourite essential oil to control the odor a bit.
- Break an egg into a bowl and whisk well.
- Now add a cup of curd to and mix the ingredients well.
- Add few drops of rosemary essential oil if needed.(Optional)
- Apply this mixture to all over your hair from roots to tips, working into sections.
- Wrap up your hair into a bun and cover it up with a shower cap.
- After a good 30-30 minutes you can wash your hair with a mild shampoo and condition if required
Dont want to mix with curd? Here is an alternative yet effective mask you can try Hydrating Egg Hair Mask
3. Curd and banana
Banana for hair is like life savior. Most of you might have already read somewhere about this or probably heard of some one has already tried this hair mask and its so amazing. Haven’t you? And this why I have mentioned this here specially, This is such a great hair mask, you’ll love to see how happy your hair is after you try this. As Banana is rich in natural oils and carbohydrates, it gives hair its natural elasticity and prevent the hair from breakage and frizziness. It adds an extra bounce and shine to that dry and dull hair. It is an excellent hair mask for heat damaged hair.
- Take one ripe banana ( make note: RIPE BANANA) . Remove the skin and cut it into small pieces. Put all the pieces into a bowl and mash them well. You can also use mixer if you have one.
- Now add a cup of curd into it and mix well.
- Apply the mixture all over hair concentrating more on your frizzy ends.
- Wrap up your hair and cover it with a shower cap.
- Wash off with cold water using a mild shampoo.
2. Curd and Aloevera
Aloe Vera acts as natural scalp detoxifier. It cleanses away the dirt or chemical buildup on your scalp and repairs dead skin cells too. It also acts as a natural hair conditioner and leaves your hair all smooth and shiny. Applying Aloe Vera mixed with curd once in a week gives deep conditioning to your scalp and smoothens out the dry hair.
One addition tip for you all: If you are bored to apply just coconut oil to your hair, here is an alternative to it. You can prepare you own Aloe Vera oil at home using coconut oil.
Here’s how you can do it- Homemade Aloe Vera Hair oil guide
- Take one fresh Aloe Vera leaf and wash under clean water. Peel off the thorny sides and slice the leaf into half. collect the white gel part into a mixer and grind it well.
- Now add a cup of curd and mix them well.
- Apply this mixture to all of your hair working into sections.
- Wrap up your hair and cover it with a shower cap.
- Wash off with a gentle sulphate free shampoo after 45 minutes.
1. Curd and Fenugreek Powder
If you ask me to choose only one hair mask that you can use for the rest of your life, I would choose this :D. I cant say enough about this mask how much I love this. It’s my all time favourite. This was the one hair mask I would use during my damaged hair days. It would leave my hair super smooth and silky, and good hair days till my next hair wash. On research I have found that Fenugreek seeds contain lecithin, an emulsifying substance. When soaked in water, the seeds produce a slippery substance that imparts shine to your hair. So this is why It makes your hair so silky and shiny.
Preparing this hair mask takes a little of your time, but its worth it. Trust me. 🙂
You can also use Fenugreek seeds instead of powder for this hair mask, The only difference is you need to blend the seeds after you soak them . Using powder reduces a little of your effort and time. 🙂
- Soak overnight half cup of fenugreek powder in a cup of water.
- The next morning, add a cup of curd to it and mix them well till it forms a nice paste.
- Apply all over your hair and wrap it up to a bun. Cover it with a shower cap so the mask doesn’t dry quickly.
- Wash off with cold water using a mild shampoo. I bet you’ll have no need to apply conditioner 😀
Note: 1. The quantities may vary depending upon the length of your hair.
2. I do not recommend these curd hair mask for those you have sinus infections or have cold/fever.
3. Do Not apply curd to your hair in the night, or if the weather is cool outside. You may catch cold :/
4. As I mentioned at the end of every hair mask, Condition if requiered. That means, If you want to use a conditioner,
that ‘s up to you, because these hair masks are like pre-conditioning treatments.
If anyone of you have already tried any of these, I would like to hear from you in the comments section below. Do you know any other amazing curd mask that you think I mentioned to miss here? Comment below, I will be happy to know and try them too. 🙂 Luvu all <3
Please do let me know your likes and dislikes more, so that I can share with you all the ones which you like the most.